Monday, December 22, 2008

Cinnamon-Pecan Pull-Aparts

This weekend I made this tasty loaf. However, somehow when you call it a loaf it just does not sound as good. But, when I tell you my husband ate almost half of the loaf for breakfast, it sounds like he thought it was good.
I don’t know if I have a desire to work for Pillsbury or perhaps I’m just destined to look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy if I continue to keep up this pace of making so many different kinds of Sticky Bun/Monkey Bread/Dough Ball recipes. However, you must notice that this one is “low fat,” only 2 tablespoons of butter. Can you believe that? Not a whole stick! However, my husband did notice the difference and we agreed that a half a stick might have been better. You can decide for yourself.
Very simple to make and fun as always to open those wonderful exploding cans. I could not tell a difference between the regular Grands cinnamon rolls and the Flaky Supreme myself. Also, I just used vanilla extract for the flavoring instead buying maple flavoring. If I had used the maple then I would have included the entire name that the people at Pillsbury intended. Finally, while the loaf was hot I dropped big spoonfuls of the icing on top and let it cascade down the sides. Yummy, yummy.

Cinnamon-Pecan Pull-Aparts
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon maple flavor or vanilla
1 can (17.5 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Supreme refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8x4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix all ingredients except cinnamon rolls with icing.
2. Separate dough into 5 rolls; set icing aside. Cut each roll into quarters; add to pecan mixture, tossing gently to coat. Spoon roll mixture into pan.
3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate or platter. Spread with icing. Serve warm.

No comments: