Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Easy Cinnamon Bread Pudding

Well, I didn’t think that I would be posting today, however I decided that I needed something sweet after dinner. Why not a simple Bread Pudding? I’ve had this recipe in my notebook for a while. I noticed that my loaf of cinnamon bread was on its way out so it was a good excuse for pudding. You might notice the different alternatives at the end of the recipe. I did not have a complete loaf of bread on hand so I chose to do mine in an 8x8.
So, we waited the 15 minutes like it stated and decided to dig in. This was the most awful bread pudding I have ever had in my life. Absolutely no taste at all and soggy. You will see that I didn't even include a picture because it went right to the trash and did not get close to my photo area. You might be wondering to yourself, if it is so bad then why the heck would she blog about this dessert? Remember the Granny Squares Project? This is going to become a project also. How to make a simple bread pudding using the ingredients below and a few more and finding the correct baking time. I just wanted you to be clued in on my project so that you can be an informed audience on my baking adventures.
Good Day!

Cinnamon Bread Pudding-Beware!
Ingredients:
1 loaf (16-ounce) cinnamon swirl bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (e.g., Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon-Swirl Bread)
6 cups milk
2 boxes (3-ounce each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In 9x13x2 inch baking dish, toss the diced bread with 2 cups milk. Let stand for 10 minutes. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining milk with the pudding until smooth. Pour over the soaked bread and toss lightly. Bake for 1 hour or until browned and set all the way in the middle. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.
If 12 servings are too many in your household, make half a recipe and bake in a 1 1/2- quart dish (8x8x2) for 1 hour. You can make a chocolate bread pudding following the same procedure by substituting a chocolate load cake for the bread, chocolate milk for plain milk and chocolate pudding for vanilla.

No comments: