Thursday, October 9, 2008

Chocolate Chip Blondies

Here is a recipe that I made recently from Taste of Home. I have noticed that I make more Blondies than I do Brownies for some reason. I also noticed that Redheads have been discriminated against in the Brownie baking world. What is the deal with that? I looked for a Redhead recipe and could not find much on the subject. I did come across a cookie called Redheads made in England that uses cinnamon and ginger. They said it gives it a fiery taste just like a Redhead’s temper. Oh yes, the redhead stereotype, we all have bad tempers which is simply not true. Now what was I talking about, oh yes, today’s recipe.
I baked a half of a batch of Blondies at the same temp and time as a full batch. To me this bar was not very different from a big chocolate chip cookie. I did add about ¼ cup of chopped pecans which would be ½ cup for a full batch. The 18-20 minutes bake time is the gooey end of the spectrum so you must keep that in mind. The absolute greatest thing was that I did not have to get out a mixer and I counted that only 5 things had to go into the dishwasher. Some people clip coupons for fun; I see what few dishes I can use for one dessert. Good times.

Chocolate Chip Blondies
Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla just until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to brown sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.

No comments: