Friday, September 5, 2008

Triple Chocolate Cookies

I have been so caught up in the political hoopla that I forgot to bake! Well, not really.
Since it is Cookie Friday, I decided to make an easy one for today. I looked through many cookbooks and settled on this recipe. I loved the fact that I was able to use up some open packages of chips that had been staring at me for a few weeks. White chocolate chips are not my favorite. I think they have an odd taste to them, but they were necessary in this recipe for the color and to complete the name. I think peanut butter chips would have been good in the place of the white chocolate.
Unfortunately, I had to use a mixer for this one. But, I did get to use my new cookie scoop. I realized as I was using it for the first time that it was meant for a right-handed person. Being a lefty has no advantages. If you know of any, please comment.
This cookie is a lot like a brownie with a ton of add-ins. Mild chocolate flavor in the cookie's base with pops of different kinds of chocolate hitting you all at once. It is wonderful and so easy. I did have to bake mine for 12 minutes, but I think that my rounded tablespoons were a bit large. This is a good one!

Triple Chocolate Cookies
1 pkg Swiss Chocolate Cake Mix
½ cup butter, melted
1 egg
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup milk chocolate chips
½ cup white chocolate chips
½ cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine cake mix, melted butter and egg in large bowl with a mixer. Stir in all 3 chocolates and pecans. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 9-11 minutes. (Mine took 12 minutes.) Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet and remove to cooling rack.
Yields 3 ½ to 4 dozen

No comments: