Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Monster Cookies

A couple times a year my church prepares food for college students. Each time they put the word out that they need cookies for their luncheon. I’m always excited to see a "want ad" for baked goods. Since I needed to make them on a non-baking day I looked for an easy recipe. I am still trying out a few Betty Crocker ones using cookie mix pouches, so this seem like a good idea.
Very easy, tons of dough, and a wonderful mixture of tastes. Chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal, and an add-in, you can’t go wrong. I made a few large cookies as the recipe stated and realized that it was fun to try but not practical for this event. I scaled down to my smaller cookie scoop and baked them for 9 minutes. It was perfect. I was able to get 4 mega cookies and 48 smaller cookies from this one recipe.
I think the large size cookie monster would be great with seasonal colored M&M’s to give as gifts. You know, Halloween is just around the corner.

Big or Small Monster Cookies
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® chocolate chip cookie mix
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup butter, softened
3 eggs
2 cups candy-coated milk chocolate candies
1.Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir all ingredients except candies until soft dough forms. Stir in candies.
2.On ungreased cookie sheets, place about 1/4 cupfuls dough about 3 inches apart.
3.Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely. Store in covered container at room temperature. Yields 18 big cookies.
Alternative: For smaller cookies, place tablespoonfuls of dough on ungreased cookie sheets for 9-10 minutes. Yields 5 dozen small cookies.

No comments: