Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

Soft, but not chewy, crispy, thin, caramelized, gooey, or crunchy. It is hard to describe. The vanilla pudding makes this cookie so interesting. Kind of like nutmeg makes people say, “what is that in a dish.” Well, that is what all those TV chefs lead you to believe. It has a hint of vanilla, but not vanilla extract flavor. They are heavy in weight from all the chips and nuts, but airy when you take a bite. I think this might go to the top of my list of chocolate chip cookies. Wow. Did I really say that? Maybe it is the paint fumes. No, they are really good if you like a chunky, soft chocolate chip cookie. If you are a thin crisper, move on. Not the cookie for you.
When I noticed that the recipe made 72, I decided to cut the ingredients down and only make 1/4 of a batch. I was able to make 18 medium sized cookies that baked for 14 minutes. I do not keep walnuts on hand because they are not my favorite nut so I used pecans. Oh and if you only want to make a ¼ of a batch like me; a half of a package of vanilla pudding is a heaping ¼ of a cup. And yes, I was wasteful and threw the rest of the package away. I know, I know, I should have used it to make BabyGirl some pudding.


Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
by Allrecipes.com on Yahoo Foods
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
Yield: 72 servings

No comments: