Saturday, April 5, 2008

Angel Fluff Brownies

To go along with my Fudgy Sunday School weekend I decided to make Angel Fluff Brownies for in the morning. The ingredients, like the chocolate pie, did not seem that normal which was intriguing to me. Plus, I hardly ever make brownies from scratch if you consider using chocolate pudding mix a “from scratch” ingredient. What do angels have to do with these brownies? I have no idea. Neat name I guess.
A few things to note: You must use a mixer to stir these up. I tried doing this by hand which was clearly a mistake. If you can stir these with a fork or a spoon you have bigger arm muscles than me. Well, let’s face it, most of the world does. Also, they seemed a bit gooey after the baking time. I used chocolate fudge pudding mix because I was too chicken to use my favorite pudding like the recipe encouraged. Hmmm. What would Cheesecake pudding mix taste like in these? One can only wonder.....
For the taste, remember the odd name and ingredients? Well, how about an odd taste too. Chocolate Bread. That is what these taste like to me. What do these taste like to you? Better yet, which pudding mix would you try?

Angel Fluff Brownies
Mix in your favorite pudding flavors for fun variations.
Ingredients
1 (3.3-ounce) package chocolate instant pudding mix
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Powdered sugar (optional)

Preparation
Stir together first 8 ingredients until blended. Spoon into a lightly greased 8- or 9-inch square pan.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until edges pull away from pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.

No comments: