Friday, February 8, 2008

Easy Chocolate Glaze

So I'm making a cheesecake today for a Valentine's Party at church. The cheesecake is still chilling and I will be posting it later. The cheesecake recipe noted that there will be a huge crack in the center of the cake so I needed to find a filler. I like to give people options so I decided to make a chocolate glaze plus another topping, but more on that later. This is a glaze recipe I found a little while ago and was going to use it on the Marble Bundt Cake. Well, I did not because I served that cake in the morning time. I thought the glaze would be too over the top for that time of day. However, I thought it would be excellent tonight on my cheesecake.
A few things to note: This glaze is very versatile it can go on cake, ice cream, wherever you need a chocolate glaze. It does not take very long to make; once the chocolate chips are melted you are finished. It is nice that you can make it ahead and reheat it in the microwave. The only drawback is that when it starts to cool it does slightly harden on top so you do need to keep stirring it in the serving dish if that is the way you choose to present it.

Easy Chocolate Glaze
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. Cook, stirring constantly, until chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Do not allow it to bubble. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Cool slightly before drizzling over a cake. If you want to make this ahead, it can be cooled and reheated in the microwave.

No comments: