Saturday, January 12, 2008

Kelli's English Toffee


There is one thing that I'm known for in my food life. Well, I guess there are a few things but I will start with this one. My Toffee! However, since it is a secret recipe I will not be able to give it out. My mother gave this recipe to me several years ago and I tried it. It was wonderful and like all baking recipes, if you follow the directions it is not hard. Since it is candy you do have to use a candy thermometer which can be a little intimidating at first. But, once you try it you will see that it is not so scary. It does have a lot of butter in it, chocolate, peanut butter chips, and nuts. I try to always let people know about the nuts. I created my own label for easy packaging. I like to store my toffee in the frig so that it will last longer and bring it up to room temperature for eating.
Toffee makes a wonderful gift and holds up very well. So find a good toffee recipe and give it as gifts. People will really enjoy it and ask for more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have tasted Kelli's toffee and it is WONDERFUL!