Thursday, August 14, 2008

Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies

The Ear Infection Fairy came to visit us for the first time ever this week which is funny cause I didn’t think she had our new address. Hmmm. All is better now because we quickly sent her packing. Didn’t want her to take up residence in our spare bedroom. You know, the room where we keep all the “spare.” This little girl, RD, at church told me that once when I was taking a tour of her house. So cute.
So, Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies, interesting. I found this recipe over at Picky Palate. This lady really loves to take two recipes and put them together. She has some unbelievable combinations. Found a few other cookie recipes I will have to try from her blog.
Pretty straight forward recipe. The 6 tablespoon thing is always a little annoying to me. Too much for a ¼ cup, not enough for ½ cup, almost but not really 1/3 of a cup. Okay, the broken pieces of Oreos thing. How big of a piece? Well, I broke mine up into about 6 pieces each. Then I debated for about 30 seconds. I decided to pour them into the bowl and throw caution to the wind, so unlike me. The pieces were fine because they are OREOS people, they fell into a million pieces in the batter. No need to fear. Finally, the parchment/silpat thing. I just baked mine on my regular old cookie sheet lined with foil, no need for cooking spray.
Now that we got that out of the way, what do they taste like? Glad you asked. Okay, so imagine if you will, a bowl of Cookies 'n Cream ice cream in one hand and a Chocolate Chip Cookie in the other hand. Now eat them at the same time. There you go, if you had this cookie and a glass of milk then you would have what I just described. A very thin, chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie with Oreos as an add-in. If you are a fan of Oreos, go for these. If you have ever found yourself twisting the top off of an Oreo and enjoying it, this is for you. If you have a package of Oreos in your kitchen right now, make these.
Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies from Picky Palate
1 stick softened butter
6 Tablespoons sugar
6 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ Cup flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
8 broken pieces Oreo Cookies
1 Cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter, and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla until mixed well.
2. Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl, stir to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in oreos and chocolate chips until just combined.
3. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cooked, but still soft. Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Yields 3 dozen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved these cookies! My mom recently made these after seeing them on the blog. They were delicious. Nice chocolate chip cookie with just a hint of oreo. My co-workers even approved and were asking for the recipe.