Wednesday, July 30, 2008

J's Coconut Cake with Lime Curd Filling

“You put the lime in the coconut....” Everyone sing with me now.
This was the second coconut cake I received for my birthday from my sister-in-law. I like to call it a coconut cake with a lime twist, and a wonderful Seven Minute frosting. Yum.
I remembered the texture shot this time.

J's Coconut Cake with Lime Curd Filling
This cake can be baked and assembled a day in advance, then stored under a cake dome at cool room temperature.
Ingredients:
2 1⁄2 cups cake flour
2 1⁄4 tsp. baking powder
3⁄4 tsp. salt
1 1/3 cups milk
2 1⁄4 tsp. vanilla extract
12 Tbs. (1 1⁄2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 1⁄2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 jar (11.5 oz.) lime curd
1 batch Seven-Minute Coconut Frosting (see link below)
1 1⁄2 cups sweetened shredded coconut

Directions for cake and frosting recipe are located here.

No comments: