Friday, June 6, 2008

Baked Donut Muffins

Not sure if I'm going to bake today, but I just had to tell you, Happy National Donut Day! Two holidays in one week, wow. Apparently, a lot of other food blogs are reporting on this day so I have decided not to go all out for it. You can check out Slashfood.com for more information. Here is a recipe for you that I have not tried, but it sounds easy and good. I'm not really a muffin person. I will bake them if someone makes a request, but I never just get up and say to myself,"muffins sound good." I guess because my least favorite pan is a muffin pan. Ahhh, hate to clean them and I'm not on the silicone bandwagon yet. I usually just make a coffee cake out of a muffin recipe and save myself the cleanup.
And as always, if someone makes this recipe please send me picture. I will hang it up on the post for everyone to see your work instead of mine. scarlet28[at]hotmail[dot]com

Baked Donut Muffins
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg
½ cup milk
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups flour
cinnamon sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
Beat in the egg.
Add the dry ingredients and then the milk.
In a greased 12-muffin pan, fill each cup 2/3 full with batter.
Bake 20-25 minutes until done.
When done, but not completely cooled, roll each muffin top in the cinnamon sugar.

No comments: