Friday, February 1, 2008

Granny Squares Revisited

Last week you may recall that I made a bar called, "Granny Squares." I thought it was excellent. You may also recall that I was on a mission to figure out what size pan to use, and I thought I successfully completed my mission with an 18x13 half sheet pan. Well, based on comments I received from several sources I found out that I was wrong. My memory of Granny Squares was incorrect. I was told that they were not thick enough or gooey enough to be square made by Granny. So today's recipe is again the same ingredients for Granny Squares just a different size pan and length of time to bake.
A few things to note: These are gooey, very gooey. Oh don't get me wrong they are the greatest thing in the world when they are still warm about 30 minutes out of the oven. Yum. However, I do not think that this is the version for me. Oh, there will be a version 3. Just wait. I'm not done yet. Granny Squares will not get the best of me. Game On!!!
So for next time, same size pan, different length of time.

Granny Squares 2
1 yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter, melted
2 tablespoons water
2 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 cup pecans (optional)

Stir together and pour (spread) into a greased and floured 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes until lightly browned on top. Cool and cut into squares.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These would be interesting to try, although I really enjoyed Granny Squares version #1. Good luck on all the Granny Square experimenting!