Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cream Cheese Cookies

Cream Cheese-10 for $10.00! Can you tell? I think the last 9 posts have included cream cheese, so why not another one. Aren't you tired of chocolate by now? Today's recipe came from the Favorite Brands Cookbook. I'm kind of working my way through this book. There are tons of great recipes from lots of different companies.
This is a surprisingly very sweet cookie. The nuts are like little pops of protein for this sugary delight. To me, when cream cheese, sugar, and nuts are baked together they almost take on a coconut feel. Yum. However, all you anti-coconut people, don't worry, not a shred in this treat.
You can spice this cookie up a bit by adding a 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon or orange peel to the dough. Or, a drop of lemon extract would work too. My plan was to add a thin powdered sugar glaze/drizzle to the top with a little lemon extract added. However, these are sweet enough. No need for any sugar extras. I did use my scoop to drop these cookies. I'm so glad that they have different size scoops for cookie dough. It is great not to have to do the dance of the two tablespoons anymore.

Cream Cheese Cookies
1/2 c. Butter Flavor Crisco
1 pkg. (3 oz.) cream cheese
1 tbsp milk
1 c. sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
1 c. flour
1/2 c. pecans

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine Crisco, cream cheese and milk in bowl and beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in sugar and vanilla, mix in flour. Add nuts.
Drop by level tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes Yield: 3 dozen

No comments: